Multiple things are required in order for you to conduct an event
1. PPL License: PPL stands for Phonographic Performance Limited. It is needed for you to perform music recordings in front of a public audience. It also allows you to use the music of different artists.
2. IPRS License: IPRS stands for Indian Performing Rights Society Limited. It is a license that is required in order to perform non-recorded music in front of the public. So if there is a famous musician or any other such performer who wants to play live in India, then the event would require an IPRS license and the performer needs to be a registered member of IPRS.
3. Loudspeaker License: Any event that is held in public requires a loudspeaker license and the permission for using loudspeaker needs to be obtained from the local police under whose administration the location falls. The police have the right to limit the number as well as the size of the speakers according to the kind of event that is going to be conducted.
4. Premise License: This license is needed to carry out any licensing activities at a venue. This license is provided by the municipality.
5. Performance License: This license is only needed if there is a person under 18 years of age who is going to be performing. So if there is a performance by a child make sure to get the performance license in advance.
6. Commercial Tax License: The commercial taxes license needs to be obtained if you plan to sell tickets for your event. This tax estimate needs to be calculated and paid in advance based on the number of tickets to be sold. Without doing this no tickets can be sold. If the total number of tickets sold are lower than expected you can always claim a refund.
7. Excise License: This license is needed in case you need to serve alcoholic drinks at the event venue. But if the event is being conducted in a hotel or venue that already has a license for it, then you need not procure one.
If addition to this you would need to get a lot of No Objection Certificates whose details are given below.
1. NOC from Traffic Department 2. NOC from Fire Department 3. NOC from Health Department 4. NOC from Electrical Inspector 5. NOC from Collector