In order to apply for the leaner's license you would first require the following documents:
- Address proof ( Electricity, telephone bill, adhaar card, passport etc)
- Age Proof ( PAN Card, Birth Certificate, 10th mark sheet, passport etc)
- Completely filled application form
- Passport size photographs
- Medical Certificate signed by a certified government doctor.
After applying in the prescribed format in your local Regional Transport Office by submitting the application form and relevant documents, your documents would be verified. Post the verification you would go through the leaner's exam.
The learner's exam is a multiple choice question based online exam which would test your knowledge of traffic rules, signs and regulations etc. On clearing the Leaner's test, you would issued the leaner's license which would be valid for a period of 6 months. In case you fail the exa, you would be given a chance to take the test again.
You can apply for a Permanent Driving License 30 days after the issue date of Learner's License. The application for permanent Driving License must be filed within 180 days of issue date of Learner's License.